Ellie always keeps us on our toes and challenges us as parents. She is quite the comedian sometimes and makes us laugh! She told us that she likes to make her classmates laugh also. She is friends with both boys and girls, and there are several boys who have a crush on her. This week, we all got haircuts (except for baby A) and she got hers as a cute bob. It looks adorable on her, but she still isn't sure about it. She was worried that a particular boy wouldn't like her and wouldn't play with her anymore because of her hair. We had a nice discussion about it and about how her friends should like her for who she is on the inside, not the out. Turns out that little boy still chased her around the playground the next day!
Last Saturday night, I met a few girlfriends for dinner close by. Right when we were paying the bill and about to leave, my phone rang. It was Ellie and she said "Mommy, Daddy fell asleep in Parker's bed, and now I don't know what to do--there's no one to tuck me in." My first question was 'Where was the baby?" and thankfully Daddy had already tucked her in to her crib before he fell asleep. Chad has done this a couple of times when he is really exhausted, but I'm usually home. I told her that I'd be home in a few minutes to tuck her in, so it all worked out. Meanwhile, she made this video with Chad's phone. This is just two parts of the video, but it was so funny and creative of her! You have to be patient on the first video because it takes her a few seconds to start talking. Also, please excuse our messy bathroom! As she explains, the baby was getting into all my things in there!
Another funny thing she said a few days ago at dinner was that "If you needed any advice about kids, to just ask me. I'm a kid, so I know all about kids". Really cute! I asked her advice about how to get kids to sleep through the night for one of my friends and she gave some pretty good ideas. She took it very seriously and wanted to know all the kids' ages, etc. Ellie has not had much patience for Parker lately, but she has a lot of patience for Ava. She never gets in trouble at school, but apparently was talking a lot the other day and almost moved her color. Ellie and I have a lot of serious conversations when I'm tucking her into bed. The bible study that we are reading together has really helped us to have that time together every night. However, she has a silly side too and loves to be tickled and sing silly songs, etc. She also loves to wrestle with her daddy and brother and spend time with her neighborhood friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment