Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Season 2010


I love the holiday season!  I love Christmas and the true meaning of why we celebrate.  It is my favorite holiday.  I love making goodies, looking at Christmas lights, watching Christmas movies, singing Christmas songs, and spending time with my family.  

Ellie had a Girl Scout Christmas party where we had some treats and went caroling.  It was lots of fun!




We tried to hit all the cool places to go see Christmas lights.  We even got to meet Parker's favorite--Frosty the Snowman!

We celebrated Christmas with Mimi and Pops the weekend before at their new ranch.  We had the best time!

Ellie was so excited to receive American Girl Doll Clothes and a pony for her doll.  She was also excited to get squinkies from her Aunt and Uncle and zoobles from Parker.

For Christmas Eve, we had a rocky start of our day but that's another story.  We had a reminder in our own home of how Christ gave us the ultimate sacrifice and how He continues to forgive us and give to us even when we are so undeserving.  We went to the afternoon service at our church and it was absolutely beautiful.  Our pastor gave the most wonderful reading of the Christmas Story I've ever heard with music playing in the background.  The music was "Oh so Divine".  We came home and cooked a big meal.  


Even Ellie helped and she took this picture of the Turducken.  Awesome pic--maybe she will be a photographer one day!

Our kids would not pose for a picture together.  I tried to bribe them.  


The big kids were very sweet to Ava and helped her with opening her presents.  

We enjoyed our warm fire on this cold, rainy night.  

We were up early to see what Santa brought.  A new bike for Ellie!  She was so excited!  A remote control monster truck for Parker and a monster truck Wii game.  He has enjoyed both very much!  Baby A loves her Disney ride on car.  


After a breakfast of waffles and mimosas, we drove to Nana and Papa's house.  The kids loved seeing cousin Madeline.

We enjoyed visiting, eating yummy food


and opening more presents!  I received a sewing machine which I was very excited about!



Baby Ava was quite the ham and showed everyone how she can clap and say bye-bye.





The kids have been enjoying their new things!  Ellie has some new roller blades she is enjoying so Parker got her old skates.  Chad and I have been enjoying our new things also.  We feel very blessed to be able to spend time with all of our family and very fortunate that we have parents who not only dote on our children, but give us thoughtful and sweet gifts as well.  I did not need a thing, but both my mother and mother-in-law gave me something I am interested in learning.  The Christmas season was a very special time of year and as Ellie said "This was the best Christmas Ever"!


No comments:

Post a Comment