Yep, my 33rd birthday.
pretty flowers from my family!
I celebrated turning another year older this week, but most importantly for me, I celebrated how far I've come! I had a goal to reach a certain weight before my birthday, and I'm proud to say that I reached it! I wanted to be at a healthy weight and be more confident about the way I looked. I received a lot of support and encouragement from my husband, but I had the self-motivation to accomplish this goal for myself! I know that everyone in my life loves me no matter how I look, so it wasn't about others and how they view me, but it was about how I viewed myself. I am in a much better place on the outside and the inside. I am grateful that I've had some obstacles in my life to overcome and to work through, so that I can be on the other side of those challenges as a different person--hopefully a better person.
P.S. Lots of people have asked us how we have lost a lot of weight and it's very simple (but can be very hard): Healthy eating and daily exercising! Giving up sweets was hard for me, but now I can have something once in a while and not feel guilty, for my hubby it was giving up beer. He has yet to drink a beer in 9 mos! I always tell people that if I can do it, anyone can! Just set a goal and don't deter from it!
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Phillippians 3:14

No comments:
Post a Comment