Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Thankful Heart

I just finished a 10 week bible study called "Choosing Thankfulness" from the First Place series.  My mom has given me several of these books from this series, and they are a great way to either get you started in the area of bible study or to include in your daily routine especially if you are juggling with weight loss or turning to food in times of stress, etc...  Balance is so key in so many aspects of our life and for me including quiet time to reflect, journal, and read God's word is a vital part of my day like eating breakfast.  How are we to grow as people/Christians/moms etc. if we do not take the time to reflect and learn no matter what our beliefs may be?

I mentioned before that it seems like whenever I do start focusing on myself too much and what may be going wrong in my life, God always sends me a reminder that someone has it way worse than me.  Our topic at my Mom to Mom group today was having a Thankful Heart.  What a great ending to my bible study and how "coincidental" that the discussions today followed along with where this book had left off!  Looking back over the last few months, I can honestly say that my attitude and outlook on my life has changed a lot.  I am praying that I can keep this Thankful Heart and when I start to feel otherwise that God can quickly show me that my prayers and efforts should be on someone else who really needs them.  

 I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. 12 I know what it's like not to have what I need. I also know what it's like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough. 13 I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.

Philippians 4:10-13 (New International Reader's Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment