I know what some of you are thinking.....the miracle of snow? Some of you have been trapped indoors for days, about to lose your mind. I get that--I would be too if I was in your shoes. But, just for a moment think about what would it to be like to be in my shoes (which are warming up by the fire as we speak). Snow is a miracle in Austin, TX. When I taught Kindergarten a long while ago, those babies had no clue what real snow was like. I'm sure they have played in it at least a couple of times by now. Thank God.
I know that snow isn't a big deal to a great many of you. My husband had clients waiting on him and his business partner to show up this morning at the office. They are from Michigan and claimed "this is NOT a big deal". Of course it's not sillies, to you. But for Austinites who do not have chains for their tires, much less 4 wheel drive, it IS a big deal. Try telling that snow/ice isn't a big deal to the guy stuck in a mustang convertible (thank goodness the top was up, ha ha) trying to get on I-35 this morning, spinning his wheels on ice until a Police Officer, otherwise known as this guy's 'hero of the day' helped him get out of there. Try telling the lady who had a baby in a crashed car this morning with the help of some more Heroes (Austin Police) that it wasn't a big deal. Praise God for those Heroes by the way. It is sad the way many people regard our officers who are out in snow, ice, and everything else...... I'd be happy if this baby wanted to be a policeman, fireman or anything else that helps people.....
My sweet, oldest daughter woke me up at 6:30 this morning to tell me that there's "SNOW" and she's already been outside in it with her boots, jacket, and a flashlight. Um, that makes me feel safe that my baby is outside in the cold, dark morning while I'm sleeping hard. You would have thought that Santa had been here and delivered presents the way my kids were acting and the neighborhood kids. Goes to show you that money can't buy the most exciting things.
My hardworking husband had an excuse to stay home and drink some coffee with me, help the kids with making a "snowball" without gloves--cause they are packed somewhere, and I have no clue where... we are very unprepared for a blizzard around here.
(my favorite guy to snuggle with--doesn't he have amazing blue eyes?)
daddy's new "toy" in the background. no problems making it to work in that.
Sometimes, it takes a small miracle to put life into perspective. Perhaps, it's not the miracle of snow for you, but there has to be something. Some kind of reminder that we aren't in control of this crazy world, we can't fix everything, and life doesn't always go as we planned. Thank God for that--if life always went the way I planned then it wouldn't be near as good....
"He does great things too marvelous to understand.
He performs countless miracles."
Job 9:10

No comments:
Post a Comment